Coastal Resilience: Dover Urban Tree Plan and Stormwater Project
The project goal is to strengthen Dover’s resilience to climate change by improving the City’s urban landscape through various mechanisms and providing education on innovative approaches to stormwater design.
SPRC collaborated with EF Design & Planning, LLC, to develop the comprehensive inventory and analysis of existing street trees within the Central Business District. The plan includes:
- Guiding principles and objectives for the plan and a discussion of the role and value of street trees.
- Information about the CBD street tree inventory that was conducted in the summer of 2020 and an analysis of inventory results.
- A summary of a City-wide GIS-based canopy cover and socio-economic data assessment and accompanying maps.
- A discussion of CBD street tree management, including species selection and street tree design considerations, installation, and maintenance.
- An implementation schedule to increase resiliency based on street tree inventory findings.