2019 CAW-CCAP Annual Meeting: Climate Adaptation Legal Strategies & Municipal Considerations
Members of the NH Coastal Adaptation Workgroup (CAW) and the Maine Climate Change Adaptation Providers network (CCAP), with additional municipal representatives
|When||Thursday, May 30, 2019, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm|
The View at Pepperrell Cove, Kittery Point, ME – DIRECTIONS
Please register by 5pm on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Space is limited, so registration is required! $30 registration fee.
A limited number of partial or full scholarships are available if needed. For more details, contact: Esperanza Stancioff, ME Sea Grant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-832-0343 (for those from Maine), or Lisa Wise, NH Sea Grant, at email@example.com or 603-862-2356 (for those from NH).
|Contact||Questions? E-mail Lisa Wise or call (603) 862-2356.|
This workshop will provide a professional development and co-learning opportunity for members of CAW and CCAP with additional municipal stakeholders to learn more about the legal strategies and considerations for municipalities related to climate adaptation. The workshop will also provide time for networking and discussion between attendees and experts in the field.
Workshop Objectives: Participants will –
- be able to recognize the legal issues municipalities are likely to be concerned about or run into when implementing adaptation
- be more familiar with legal authority, consequences and options for implementing climate adaptation strategies at the local level
- become more comfortable assisting communities to adapt
- help identify opportunities for additional legal research and outreach
Featuring speakers from Conservation Law Foundation, Roger Williams School of Law/Rhode Island Sea Grant Legal Program, a local attorney, and more. Agenda coming soon.
- New Floodplain Maps for a Coastal New Hampshire Watershed and Questions of Legal Authority, Measures, and Consequences. 2012. LINK
- Presentation slides and legal factsheets from Adapt CT Legal Workshop Series, hosted by CT Sea Grant and the Center for Land Use Education and Research (CLEAR): LINK
- Presentation slides and videos from 11/16/18 Legal Strategies for Climate Adaptation in Coastal New England Symposium at Roger Williams University School of Law: LINK
- Conservation Law Foundation. Climate Adaptation and Liability: A Legal Primer and Workshop Summary Report. 2018. LINK
This event is sponsored by NH Sea Grant and ME Sea Grant, with additional planning support from NH Department of Environmental Services and ME Department of Environmental Protection.